WELCOME TO THE NCC ART ROOM

!!!! WELCOME TO THE NCC ART ROOM !!!!

Hi there! This is a new experiment Mr.Craig is going to try as an even easier way of bringing you examples of student work and to keep his image set organized and useful. Let me know if you are using it, if you find any problems or dead links and if there is anything you would like to see!

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Step by Step Digital Art (step 1)

Now, to start off with your digital drawing you might want to start up the laptop and graphic tablet and get everything up and running. Next when everything's powered on, open up your paint program and a blank canvas should pop up when everything's done loading. Next, make a new layer so you can actually draw on your canvas (at this point you should know if your tablet needs to be calibrated if the brush is drawing strangely, also if you're left handed).

Getting on to the actual drawing, you should start by picking a brush from the tools you have at your disposal, I picked the mechanical pencil and used a dark grey color so I could roughly sketch out what I want to draw. In this case I chose to draw Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones as he's one of my favorite characters and an interesting person to draw.
 Tyrion Lannister rough sketch.jpg
So, roughly sketching out his face, I generally drew his facial features with little to no detail in the picture, but just enough to give me the general idea of where everything would be (for example his eyes, nose etc). The nice thing about digital drawing/painting is that you can use the 'undo' button when you make a mistake or mess up, instead of having to erase everything.

Sadly, you can't see where I drew the circles that map out the basic shapes of his face as I forgot to add in that part when making this tutorial. I also didn't bother to draw in each individual hair as that would take to long and would also be kind of pointless as later on, we're going to add that in. Net, we move on to some shading and small detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment